Formal Introductory Letter

 Hello Professor Blackstone,


I am Royce, currently a Year 1 student in Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Engineering (MDME) from Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). Prior to this, I graduated from 5 years of tertiary education from niche engineering courses - Mechanical Engineering course at the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) and Aerospace Engineering course at Temasek Polytechnic (TP).

Since I was a child, I have been fascinated in the mechanical operations aspect of aeroplanes. During my internship programme while studying in TP, I realised that I particularly enjoyed the design and manufacturing process especially Computer Aided Design (CAD) for short. I enjoy 3D modelling and completing intricate and detailed designs makes me happy which is what fueled my motivation to join this course.

One of my strengths would be being a good listener. I have held leadership positions while I studied in both ITE and TP, working with various personalities. These experiences taught me how to provide constructive feedback to my peers without offending anyone. It has also made me an approachable and non-judgmental leader that others could confide in.

One of my weaknesses would be having an ‘act first, think later’ approach. When I find myself in difficult situations, I tend to take charge on my own accord without informing others of my actions, thinking that I would be able to solve everything myself. Although my intention is to lessen the burden on others, and solve the situation efficiently, it would be seen as otherwise.

My goals for this module are to improve my critical thinking skills and my ability to be able to pitch myself to my future employers. I believe these are very important qualities a confident leader should have as well.

Lastly, what differentiates me from the majority is my positivity and drive. I am a determined individual who wishes to get things done effectively and efficiently, hoping to create a positive environment.

Regards,
Royce

Edited 04/04/2024 8:09pm

Comments

  1. Hi Royce, Thanks for the detailed introduction of yourself. I like the part where u mention about how your interest in engineering starts since you were a child, it gives the letter a small but impactful touch.
    Hope to know more from you throughout this course.
    Best regards,
    JiaJun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JiaJun,

      Appreciate the comments and the feedback you have shared regarding my self-introduction.

      Regards,
      Royce

      Delete
  2. Hi Royce

    It was a good experience reading this letter about yourself and I have gained a better understanding of your background and interests. I like how you have established an emotional connection with the reader by referring to your childhood, enabling us to reminisce of our own childhood wonders as well.

    One feedback I would like to add is that you should elaborate more on your leadership positions. What exactly were the leadership positions you had? Was it during an internship or throughout the course of a group project etc.?

    Otherwise a well written introduction. Looking forward to learning with you in class!

    Best regards
    Syahmi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Syah,

      Thank for the comments about my letter. Glad that I was able to let you reminisce about your childhood.

      Thank you for the feedback will keep in mind when I edit my letter. But just for your information I was a student leader back in ITE and a CCA president back in Polytechnic.

      Other than that thank you for reading and giving feedback about my introduction letter I appreciate you taking your time to read it.

      Regards,
      Royce

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your introduction. Your passion for mechanical operations, coupled with your educational background and practical experiences, provides a solid foundation for your journey in Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Engineering. Your reflection on your strengths, such as being a good listener and providing constructive feedback, demonstrates valuable interpersonal skills essential for collaboration and leadership roles.

    Acknowledging your weakness and willingness to address it shows self-awareness and a commitment to personal growth. Developing a balance between initiative and collaboration will be beneficial in navigating complex situations effectively.
    Overall it was a good read! Looking forward to working with you in class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Junkai,

      Thank you so much for taking time to read my introduction letter. I really appreciate the effort and am happy and glad that you feel the way you do. Hope I am able to work and get to know you more as I feel it would be pretty cool and fun.

      Hope to see you around more in school!

      Have a great weekend!

      Regards,
      Royce

      Delete
  4. Hi Keefe,

    Thank you for the taking the time to reply and give me valuable feedback and insight about my self-introduction. Glad that I am able to learn more from the feedback that you have given me. Hope to work with you more in the future and as we continue to grow together. If there's anything I can help with do not hesitate to let me know.

    Regards,
    Royce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Royce,

    Thank you for sharing this mostly articulate and informative letter. You have shared on each of the key components of the brief and provided elaboration. I like how you have described your communication skills in fine detail, for example, explaining with an example your active listening and the connection between that and leadership, and then also mentioning how thinking before acting (and communicating) is something you need to work on.

    You also elaborate to some degree on your interest in the design and manufacturing process, but I feel one more bit of explanation here might make this clearer.

    Tnis is a fluent letter language wise, but there are two points to consider:
    1. sentence structure
    -- Hence, fuelling my motivation to join this course. > (fragment)

    2. word use
    -- ...with whomever I work with. > (redundancy)

    I look forward to hearing more from you this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Professor Blackstone,

      Thank you so much for sharing your feedback to me, it really means a lot to me that you took the time to read my letter and you are sharing with me on how to improve my self introductory letter.

      I have taken the time to read the feedback as well as update my formal introductory letter to explain more why I have a interest in Design and manufacturing process as well as hopefully fix some of my word use and sentence structure.

      Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope you have a great day!

      Regards,
      Royce Chong

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summary-Reader Response Draft#3

Summary-Reader Response Draft #1